Role of the Committee:
To act as an Advisory Body for clinicians interested in undertaking / currently undertaking MDT research.
The Research Advisory Committee will provide advice about MDT research including:
- what research is needed or relevant
- research design, method or structure
The role of the Research Advisory Committee is NOT to develop research proposals for individuals.
How the Research Advisory Committee will function:
The Research Advisory Committee will function through the MII website. All communication will be conducted electronically.
- Research questions will be submitted to the Research Advisory Committee via the MII website. www.mckenzieinstitute.org Click on "Submit Research Question" (below) and send an email.
- Questions submitted will be forwarded to the Chairperson for initial screening. All communication will be through the Chairperson and not to individual members of the Committee.
- The outcome of the initial screening will result in either:
- the research question is determined inappropriate or further information is required. In this case, an email will be sent to the person who submitted it
- the Chairperson will forward the question to one or more members of the Committee who will formulate a response. A response time of 3 weeks will be aimed for. Their response(s) will be sent back to the Chairperson who will send a summary of the responses back to the submitter. A response time of 4 weeks will be aimed for.
If considered necessary, other researchers/experts (eg statistician) may be consulted by members of the Research Advisory Committee.